HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
Varför?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swedish Maffia Forum Index -> Im banned! WHY?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDR

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HVMK]Linedance wrote:
you never said what your correct wonID is? as i understood it your "real" wonID isn't on any cheaterlists.

hmm. maybe i'm just a bad reader.

Fairlane's second post appears to have my real wonid, and it was on one cheaterlist, way back. I don't recognise it but I'm assuming that was when I got the VAC ban. I was trying a new server, and couldn't connect, the screen flipped back to the serverlist before I could see what it was saying, so I kept trying to reconnect, I guess that's where VAC got the 'repeated violations' thing. I rebooted and everything was fine, till a little while later I guess all the servers synchronised or something and I was VAC banned, and had to do some reading and find out about CD so I could play again.

I don't know if it's just general unreliability of the cheat-detectors or something particular to my system, but CD apparently thought I was cheating sometimes too, sometimes CD would freak on me for no apparent reason too. Usually when the computer had been running a long time and a reboot fixed whatever it was. At least CD didn't ban me for months when it got a false positive, I thought that was cool...

Fossil obviously isn't letting me back in and I don't even care, just writing this because I use opera and this window has been sitting here saved so I saw your reply. I really think cheating is ruining the game, but maybe not the same way other people think. I'm not sure I've ever played against anyone that was cheating, but all these paranoid measures against cheating are sure ruining the game for me. I got banned from another server tonight, and no I'm not cheating. Just happened to be a server where the players weren't nearly as good as the usual on SM I'm used to getting killed by, so I was slaughtering them, so of course I must be cheating. I get too many headshots, oh pooh, like it's hard to get head shots when your teammates suck and let me sneak up behind you... or when I'm I hear you coming around a corner and just sit my crosshairs where your head will be in a moment and wait, or when you're sitting at the base afk. I'm not really very good, lots of SMers are better, if any of them showed up on this server I'm sure they'd get banned too.

Bleah, anyway, too bad, so sad, life goes on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swedish Maffia Forum Index -> Im banned! WHY? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: