HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
Information from VAC and detecting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swedish Maffia Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
some

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 23:19 pm    Post subject: Information from VAC and detecting Reply with quote

Hello everybody there. I made some research and asking from people who knows about VAC and things relating on VAC becouse I wanted to solve that why VAC made an false alarm on my case even I don't cheat, don't have any cheat related on my computer, and who knows that better than me.

First result was that it would be a broken memory (RAM) in my computer. Cause VAC has two times reported memory corruption in my computer, that made sense and I've had few blue screens lately. The second time was just before VAC found a cheat in my computer which really doesn't exist. So it felt like these would be connected. I runned a test prog which is used and recommended by valve, it gave none errors. But there's still one side to test, after that false alarm by VAC I changed the slots of my memories, when thinking that my memory caused that alarm. So I must still test that if one memory slot is broken and makes the memory unstable.

But as the memory test gave none errors so the reason should be elsewhere. I got information from person who knows from VAC and follows those forums which handles VAC. We scanned my computer with a prog which tests if there's any cheats or software/files which may launch false alarm. It encrypts the result so there's no way that you can change the result. So there's no use to use that program if you're not asked to do so by a person who has the decrypter program for the result. But if you want to look that closer go http://www.stupidhill.net/ and go to software section for TBC. That program gave me one result, Traysysinfo tweaker. There's also a list of progs which may launch false alarm like HLirc and Cheating Death for example are very known reasons for those. So for future you should watch out at least those. And if VAC gives any kick from memory corruption then that should be the final warning that there might be a software like these or you memory ain't working the way it should.

I didn't have these information before so hopefully this will help someone in future. At least I got shocked from that when knowing very well that I have nothing to do with cheats.

Also that memory test program which I used can be finded from www.ratol.fi/~pponkko/Xpector.zip
That's if you doubt that your memory ain't working.

Thanks for the guys who knew me good enough and believed me when I was searching this information. CYA!
Bruno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand how hardware could be a "cheat" ... memory? First time I herd this... Its more truly if software like drivers for graphic card cause VAC complaining... This doesnt make a sense Razz hmm does Valve have any FAQ about VAC?
Fren
Master Admin
Personnel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info some!
[siLL]Urethra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I got "busted" once by VAC... also a completley false "positive"... and one of my three 128 MB DDRAM memory modules turned out to be corrupt at approx. the same time... so I guess I can believe you.

All we have to do now is reserve a topic in the Hall of Fame for the upcoming #1 Cheat Excuse: "I wasn´t cheating!!! My memory modules are corrupt!"
Bruno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alltså så om windows får ett VxD fel så kan VAC ta en? alltså ... d låter jävligt sjukt, e minnet korrupt så kan man inte köra länge innan man får bluescreen.
-niemela-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dax att ta bort HLamp från min dator när jag kommer hem iaf Sad

Some puss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[SSRF]Gossen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 13:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also been "busted" for cheats once, not on maffia server but at STEDevils server, thx some for that info, now i know what might have been the cause. But the problem is that i play at a IT cafe, and if i would get caught cheating it would be hard for me to know whether there is an actual cheat on the computer that somebody else has downloaded or if it is because of vac.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swedish Maffia Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: